In 1993, Pastor Carter was called to serve as the Assistant Pastor of The New Hope Baptist Church, a position he held faithfully until April 26, 1998, when he was installed as Co-Pastor.
New Hope began its services as a “mission” in the home of Addie and Maggie Vine on Drift Street in Newark. Its first pastor elected was Rev. Jesse Williams from North Carolina and the church organized on June 2, 1903 and incorporated on May 1, 1918.
View our monthly calendar
View and agenda of upcoming events
View our regularly scheduled worship services
The mission of the scholarship program…
Join us for an hour of…
Photo Gallery | Frontpage Gallery